SEARCH

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

MY THRIFTING TRIP & SOME THRIFTING TIPS


So today I went thrifting with Kiana at several different thrift stores in the area. We started around eleven and ended at about four and we got a bunch of good finds. I'm talking high waisted shorts and pants, along with sheer button ups and patterned leggings. We even got huge matching clip on earrings.  We even came across a new thrift store where almost everything is only one dollar. I'm talking shirts, jeans and purses! Plus the dresses were only two dollars! I'll definitely be going back there again before school starts back up for me this Monday.
If you live in Jacksonville and would like to check it out it's called Hubbard House on 6626 Beach Blvd

MY PERSONAL THRIFTING TIPS/TECHNIQUES


  • Shop with the end in mind. Those ugly 90's flared mom jeans could be cut into a pair of cute modern  high waisted shorts.
  • Don't hesitate to go out of the women's section. The mens section is especially good for over sized button downs and sometimes high waisted jeans. The kids section is especially good for blazers and fitted tops.
  • Always bring a little extra cash, just in case. Not every thrift store will accept a card.
  • Be patient. That awesome item isn't going to jump at you as soon as you walk through the door, it might take a while. You're going to have to dig into the store to find what you like.
  • Before you buy, check. Make sure you check for holes, rips, or stains. I can't tell you how many times in my early thrifting days where I'd buy a button up missing some buttons.
  • Disinfect your jewelry. This mainly applies to earrings to prevent ear infection.
  • Keep a list of things you want or need. It can get pretty overwhelming in a thrift store with all of those clothes jumping at you. It can be hard to figure out what you want. Sometimes I like to keep a list of things I really need atm like floral button downs, maxi skirt, denim jeans, etc. then look for it at the thrift store.
  • Don't skip out on the little things. Before you leave, be sure to check out the bag racks and the belt hooks along with the jewelry.
  • Ask yourself, do I really need this? Sometimes I find myself wanting to buy an item just because. Then I'll remind myself that I have nothing to wear with it and it's an impulse buy so I put it back.
  • It's alright to leave empty handed. Don't be discouraged. Thrift stores get donations all the time, go back another time and try again.
Do any of you guys have any thrifting tips you'd like to share? :)


3 comments:

  1. Nice post

    love, katheryn
    runwayrocknroll.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tips.. I really want to check out some of the thrift stores in the US!

    xx

    maribleu.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

thanks for the comment! i appreciate and respond to each and every one. also feel free to leave your link, i love checking out blogs xx